Sunday, December 7, 2008

Santa Train '08

This morning we did our annual "Santa Train" ride. It goes from North Bend to Snoqualmie and back. Mid-ride (in Snoqualmie) you get out and see Santa and eat cookies and drink hot chocolate and run around, and then ride back to North Bend again. The train is an old, rickety thing decorated with lights and other tacky decor and an old man walks up and down the aisles preciously singing Christmas carols (off key!) and the kids LOVE IT! We almost missed our 9am departure... in fact, Jason DID miss it (he was in a different car than us, long story!) and so he just met us in Snoqualmie :-)
Max, Ava and Sofia enjoying the ride!

Here is our family picture with Santa. Jason and I weren't going to be in the picture but Luke FREAKED and was going nowhere near Santa! In fact, you can see he is leaning out, as far away from the strange man as he possibly can! :-)

This was also our first weekend with DAD HOME! It was so awesome being a "normal" family again on the weekend. The kids had the best time with dad!!!


Here are the two sassy girls with their hot chocolates. It cracks me up to see them with what looks like coffee... just three years ago Renee and I were taking these cuties to coffee after Stroller Strides in their infant seats and look at them now!!! Big girls drinking hot chocolate!

Aside from almost missing the train, it was an awesome morning! :-)

3 comments:

cari said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! I'm sure the cold weather really makes the holiday spirit more fun!!!

Bill and Paige said...

What a fun trip!! We have something like that here, but I know I'll look like a dork if just Bill and I go by ourselves. Totally going next year even though the little one won't even know it. Sometimes I feel like I'm having a kid just to do those fun things:)

Annie said...

Fun! I've heard of the Santa Train, but I didn't realize that it was so close! I bet that my kids would love it too :)