Friday, November 20, 2009

My little wanderer...

It has been nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get Luke to go to sleep this past week. I don't know if I need to stop his naps because he's not tired enough now at bedtime, or if he is just a stubborn guy who doesn't want to miss out on anything when he's asleep. Whatever the case may be, after putting him into bed each night, he always wanders down the hall a few minutes later... so I go put him back in and so it goes for about 10 rounds. We are literally averaging about 10 times each night. SO ANNOYING. A couple nights ago I decided just to put him to bed and lock the gate and leave him upstairs while I went down to work in my new office/craft room...
Night #1: he was sound asleep on the landing with a large assortment of goodies! His binky, two airplanes, his blankie, and his favorite--- this horrific Halloween mask! I seriously almost stepped on him because it was dark and I had no clue he wasn't in his bed!

Night #2: so now I kind of expected to find him on the landing, but not without his mask, binky OR PANTS AND DIAPER! I was laughing so hard until I felt and the carpet was soaking wet :(

So last night I decided to go back to my routine of putting him back into his bed, over and over again, about 10 times... We will have to wait and see what kind of energy (and patience!) I have tonight :)

No comments: