Last night I got back from a truly FABULOUS girl's-only & kid-free weekend in Portland with my my M-I-L, Margaret and S-I-L, Lindsey!
I did something I had never done before--- and took the train down to Portland! It was a gorgeous day (and weekend) and was so fun to enjoy the beautiful ride without sitting in traffic on a Friday afternoon. I had the quiet of no kids, wi-fi and magazines... even some WINE :) Very enjoyable way to travel!
Friday night we had a little get together at the Gardiner's amazing condo in the Pearl. Some of Margaret's sisters and her mom came to celebrate and spend time with us, as well as Lindsey's best friend Mary Ryan.
One big regret is we didn't take enough pictures all weekend! This is the only one from Friday night :( Such a fun evening!
One big regret is we didn't take enough pictures all weekend! This is the only one from Friday night :( Such a fun evening!
There is a Barre3 studio feet from the Gardiner's condo! Saturday am, Lindsey and I went and took a class. So fun to have the hour together and to show her my latest and most favorite workout! She enjoyed it too!
Margaret treated us to the most amazing mani/pedi's that afternoon. The massages were INSANE... and such a great salon, again, just seconds from their condo! After our mani/pedi Lindsey and I had a little one on one time at a little wine bar across the street... so fun to catch up with my sis!
Keep in mind we hadn't showered and were feeling really scurvy but didn't care!
Meanwhile at home, Jason and Ava had a special Saturday night DATE: La Costa and then the father/daughter dance on the Ridge! I DIED laughing at this pic when it was texted to me: look at the SHORT (too small!) dress he let my daughter pick out (not the one I told her to wear!) and the plastic princess Belle slippers! O-M-G! We need to work on her fashion skills :)
Happy daughter...
We decided to skip the fancy dinner reservations (because we were too relaxed and lazy to shower!) and walk down to this awesome & a little more casual restaurant for some fun.
Notice the pretty make up (thanks to Lindsey) and nails (thanks for Marg for treating us!)
The weekend went way way too fast. Cannot say enough about how nice it was to have time to just relax and hang and catch up with these two remarkable women. Hope we can do this once a quarter...
No comments:
Post a Comment