Saturday was the Festival at Mount Si and I had seen an advertisement for a cherry pie eating contest. Thinking it would be funny to watch, I mentioned it to Max who immediately said "I would do it!" Little did I know Luke would want to do it as well!
We got there at 1:00 for the sign ups. Max even had a small lunch so "he'd have room" for pie at the 2:30 start :)
The kids grouping (12 and under) went first. Luke almost chickened out, as there was quite a crowd gathered around!
They had 5 minutes to eat as much as they could of gooey, cherry, sugary pie...
Luke dove in fast at first and soon realized he wasn't a huge fan of cherry pie so I encouraged him to stop--- I didn't want him to get sick!
14 year old Max had to compete against the adults and there was some SERIOUS competition. I wish I would have taken pics of other participants! They only had 3 minutes to eat as much as they could...
He was a little nervous...
He did NOT feel so good after the experience :)
Luke felt GREAT! Even had room for a snow cone!
Sissy was smart and skipped the entire contest!
Instead, so got a beautiful henna tattoo!
New experiences at the festival indeed! Not sure this will be an annual tradition? :)






















No comments:
Post a Comment