Monday, September 29, 2008

Issaquah Salmon Days

This morning after SS, I followed a friend's advice and took the kids to the Issaquah Salmon hatchery. This weekend is the annual "Salmon Days" festival in Issaquah, when they open the fish ladders. So this week, the salmon are all locked and ready to make their way up the ladder (to lay their eggs and then DIE)! The stream is packed with these big, tired salmon and it is a sight to see! The kids were very impressed and I have to say, so was I!

Luke pointing out some of the smaller salmon that were in a holding tank. He loves to see the "wissssshies-wiiiiissshies"

Here is a shot of the kiddos looking out to the actual ladder. Occasionally a fish would jump and try and make an escape with no such luck! Seems like A LOT of work. Poor fishies!

1 comment:

Bill and Paige said...

Fish Hatchery's are cool. We went to one in Wyoming. I never knew all what was entailed!