Sunday, January 11, 2009

Better than the boat!

There is a new play area (an entire half a floor!) at Bellevue Square. Well, it's actually not that new... but I had never been, and I am not really sure why? Maybe subconsciously I hadn't been because I thought the "old boat" down from Nordstrom was just fine, it's what we played on as kids! Or maybe I just hadn't been because I have avoided the mall in an attempt to be more budget-conscious. In any event, we had to exchange a couple things today so we took the kids and man! WHY DIDN'T I DISCOVER THIS INCREDIBLE LAND BEFORE NOW?
Is this the look of an incredibly thrilled boy? He was in HEAVEN, running around the place like a manic! I have actually never seen him quite so hyper as he was while we were there!

I was so happy to see they actually brought the "old boat" up to this play area and then added other structures that are like it to this kiddie land... I could tell the boat was still Ava's favorite of all the things to climb on. Mama was proud!

Max was an awesome sport. He was too tall and old to "play" but was a huge helper, running around with Luke and Ava.

Here's Ava yelling at me to not take her picture! It's her new thing to run away from me as soon as she sees the camera! So frustrating!!! ;-)
It was difficult to watch the kids (there were a million people in the play area today, I am guessing because it is Sunday) and take pictures without looking like a total tourist, so not the best pics of our time there! But one thing is FOR SURE: the kids had so much fun, we will be going back at least once a week from now on! ;-)

2 comments:

kkp1220 said...

I was looking forward to the new playground:-( I love taking my kids to mall playgrounds (I don't know why) ;-)

Love Ava's new haircut. Its short !!!

Annie said...

We love the new playland too! It is always so packed, probably because of the holiday shoppers and school holidays, so I can't wait until the crowd dies down a bit. Joseph is too big for the toys too, but he follows Lucy around, just like Max! Maybe we will see you there soon- it is free entertainment!