We had a wonderful day-adventure to Whidbey yesterday! Grandma Karen, Uncle David (who is in town for a visit!) me, Lukie and Ava went to see the Tschetter's new house on the island. It was the kids first ferry boat ride and they were in HEAVEN!

A little breezy...

This guy didn't mind!

He actually melted down when it was time to go back to the car at the end of the ride ;-)

The Tschetter's have the more incredible house... and the views close by are beautiful. Here we were walking to "the point"...

At the point! 180 degree views!

I snuck into ONE picture. Mama/photographer never gets to be in the pics!

There were blackberry bushes EVERYWHERE... the most gigantic, beautiful berries! We picked quite a few. I am trying to decide what recipes to make with my mounds: so far blackberry banana bread. I think I am going to make a cobbler and some jam later today :)

A wonderful day, nostalgic day for me. I am so sad we don't have a cabin on the island any more. Growing up with sunshine, sand and great friends. My memories of our years on the island are some of the best! Yesterday we went to visit our old street and chatted with some neighbors that were like family... it was so wonderful to reconnect and yet oddly bittersweet. Good thing the Tschetter's are there now and we will have a good reason to visit! Can't wait to take daddy next time! ;-)
1 comment:
I love how wild Luke's hair is;-)
Post a Comment