Ava is THRILLED to have been cast in 2 shows for the Star Guild's American Girl Doll Fashion Show to raise money for Seattle Children's hospital. Each model is challenged to raise $100 on her own, selling creations, bake sale, writing letters to family, any clever way they choose. Ava decided to sell hair ties and headbands (ok, I had to tie them all but she picked the colors/patterns and did all the selling) one Saturday at school during the busy basketball season. She raised $216 in all!!!
Yesterday was rehearsal #1 (of 3) and we prepped by stopping by the nail salon to get special paint before rehearsal. Best $6.00 I spent all week, she was so thrilled :)
Off to rehearsals with her model challenge money (from selling hair ties and headbands) in tow! They have until the show to raise the money, but she wanted to turn in what she had raised so far. They also had to wear pink (think she took that to heart?) and bring a doll or stuffed animal of their choice for practice. I didn't get to watch them practice but she said it was REALLY fun! She did find out she is going to be modeling/wearing pajamas and hold a "bitty baby" for the show and wasn't too happy about that. I asked her "well why is that bad?" and she said "well I really wanted to be a historical doll in the show". I guess she is already taking on that DIVA model attitude :)
Post-rehearsal lunch request? Her fav: SUBWAY!
Such a special mommy/daughter Sunday--- I am one proud mama!




No comments:
Post a Comment