Monday, February 25, 2013

Staycation Contines...

 Our relaxing and FUN mid-winder "staycation" ended with a very fun Friday.  After work we met The Champions and Miles for some bouncing at Kidzbounce- always a favorite.  I even surprised the littles but including Charlie and Avery, then brought the 4 of them home for an all-afternoon play date.  I thought they'd be tuckered out after all that running and bouncing fun but that was NOT the case.  I did finally manage to get them all concentrating on some crafts, since they weather was awful.
 I got these "melty beads" (as the kids call them) for them last week.  You place the plastic tubes onto a shape and then mom or dad irons them and they all stick together.  I still remember doing these up at Whidbey as a kid.  The creations have no point, just a plastic shape in the end, but they take time, the kids enjoy making them... even mama likes doing them :)

 It was a really fun time for the kids to have Charlie and Avery over.  These kids have been buddies since birth and although they spend time with one another at school, after school playing is a rare thing!
While we were crafting into the late afternoon, Jason and Max went to the mountains and had some daddy/son fun of their own SNOWBOARDING!  The snow was incredible and they had a blast!  
I was so so glad to see them come through the door that night, all smiles, and no major soreness or broken bones ( especially for old daddy)!  hahaha!

No comments: