Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Mile High City!

We are back from our quick, fun trip to Denver with Grandma Karen to visit my big brother Paul, sister in law Abi and darling neice and nephew Maya and Cole!
Here is a picture of me walking through the airport! It was incredible how much crap we had to carry for the kids! Two carseats, diaper bag, purse, backpack of goodies, stroller, DVD player... Thank goodness my mom was along to help!!!
The kiddos were pretty good on both the flight there... and back! I kept them loaded up with treats. I discovered suckers & fruit snacks are the best bribery! :-)

The kids hadn't seen their cousins for about a year and a half! They immediately got into costumes when we got to the house...
Isn't this Nemo costume the CUTEST? Luke was in HEAVEN. He is obsessed with Nemo anyway, so this was so special... he didn't want to take it off all weekend!

Ava loved Maya's special princess vanity... here's Ava "doing" Maya's hair one morning... her mom fixed it shortly thereafter :-)BIG HUGS. Luke lovin' on his cousins while Grandma watches.
Love this picture of mom and my big brother!
Paul & Me
Ava and Maya holding hands, heading to the park!
We went to the most incredible park, perfect size for the kids and all Luke wanted to do was chase the geese!

Heading back to the cars from the fun at the park... as you can tell, the weather was GORGEOUS and really warm for November in Denver!
We spent a lot of time just hanging out... it was awesome.
I was DETERMINED to get a cute picture of the kids in the bathtub... didn't really work and I probably took 15!Luke and Uncle Paul... he was so happy sitting on Paul's shoulders... hadn't been up that high before!
I love this picture of Ava and Cole... what you can't tell is that they fought the ENTIRE three days we were there (Ava was the one starting the fights and even BIT him at one point!) At least they look like friends in this shot!
We went to the Denver Zoo before heading to the airport Tuesday. The kids had a ball checking out the animals. They loved the elephants and hippos most of all!Poor Luke was stuck in the stroller... but I went a head and lifted him up so he could see most of the animals! :-)
It was so long overdue and special to be with our Grandma Karen and family in Denver. We had a great time catching up and reconnecting with one another. We are going to make sure it's not another year and a half before we get together again!!!

4 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

Glad you had a good time! You lucked out with weather...it was georgeous here all week:) Thanks for not bringing Seattle weather!

I'm not looking forward to traveling with kids:) You looked pretty loaded down:) I don't know how Kelsey does it.

kkp1220 said...

Yeah;-)

Looks like you had a good time...you didn't tell me your mom was going. No sympathy:-( Try doing that alone!!! j/K

Glad you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for ditching the Hubby to play in the sun, oh wait, I played as well.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a successful trip!!!! I love the Nemo costume!!!